We rely on our household appliances every day and need to me functioning at their best. Doing simple maintenance task can help to extend their life immensely.
- Fridge: Clean your refrigerator coils regularly. They can get caked and clogged with dust.This build up can cause the fridge to fail. This is especially important if you have pets in your household because it will build up faster
- Oven and Range: Be careful how you clean your oven and range, and what you use to clean it. Overly harsh chemical cleaners can clog range burners. It is also prudent to avoid spraying cleaner directly on to knobs because the cleaner can leak behind the knobs and cause electrical shorts. Always use soft cloths, light cleaners. If you must use a harsh chemical, apply it to the cloth before the surface.
- Dishwasher: Don't pre-wash your dishes too much. If the dishes get put into the dishwasher with too much water on them or too much soap it can cause your dishwasher to overflow.
- Washing Machine: Don’t overload your washing machine. Overloading your washing machine adds wear and tear to the motor and can cause damage and leaks. Even though doing more that one load can be a hassle it will save you time and money in the long run by preventing damage.
- Dryer: You probably already know to clean the lint trap, but make sure you also give it a deep clean to get any lint in the ducts or around the exit vents. This is where lint and dust tend to build up. Make sure to clean the moisture sensor also. Residue from dryer sheets and dust can clog it up and make your dryer work harder than it needs to.
With these maintenance tips you can keep your most used appliances in topnotch running order and keep them running longer.